Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Plugged Back In

The last 3 times I've run, I have worn my Garmin.  Most of the time I'm pleasantly surprised when I look down at my wrist and see a pace that is "good".  But by the end of the run, I'm struggling.  I'm still only running about 3 miles at a time.  I am frustrated that I am not progressing. 

I have decided that I'm going to join a running group that starts training in July.  They are preparing for "a fall race" that I hope is the Baltimore half marathon.  The timing of the training plan works well for that race.  I am also hoping that by joining a group, my motivation and my endurance will increase.  I am mentally committed to running...until it's time to lace up and go.  This has never been an issue for me and I'm hoping that this is a temporary phase until I get better conditioned.

2 comments:

  1. Karen - I know you can get back in the running groove! Just take it day by day.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! Keep the encouragement coming. I need it!

    ReplyDelete