Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Why NO is my New Favorite Word

So you might have noticed that I haven't been posting a lot lately.  Yep, I've been a big slacker on my blog entries.  I'm sorry.  I agreed to be the co-chair of a fund raising event at my daughter's high school.  My other co-chair vanished into thin air so I'm left doing everything.  I cannot wait until Saturday when the event happens...not to get to the event...to get to the SECOND it's over!

I have not been able to run with my running group on Wednesdays because our committee meetings are held on Wednesday evenings.  I tried to move the meeting since I'm the chairperson, but the committee felt that having it at the same time that our kids are there for rehearsal was smart.  I understand the decision but boy is it inconvenient for me!

So now that I'm in the final countdown to the event, I'm looking forward to getting my life (and training) back!  Saturdays are still going to be a challenge to run with the group, but at least I'll have Wednesdays.

I am not having a committee meeting tonight since everyone has pretty much done what they need to for the event.  I am SOOO looking forward to running again!  I am hoping that this time off from running will be good for my knee.  I am going to do what I can and see how the knee feels.  I've been very active with swimming and biking, neither of which hurt my knee.  So hopefully running on it again won't be too bad.

From now on, I am going to prioritize my time and not be pressured into taking on committee chairperson assignments!!  And with my first triathlon coming up on June 1, I really need to focus on training.

No comments:

Post a Comment