Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yay Kate!

I love running with my running group!  They are wonderful people and so much fun to run with.  We have a range of abilities...some who run REALLY fast and some who walk.  Most of us fall in the middle somewhere.  Here is a before shot...everyone is shivering a bit...it was early and cold...probably 27 degrees.
Left to right...Laura, Barry, Colleen, Keith, Lisa, Mo, Pat, Michelle, and Kate.


Kate and I met a year ago.  We ran the same pace and she became my running buddy.  She and I trained for and ran the Ocean City half marathon together.  Here we are still smiling at about mile 10. 

Over the summer she moved to Annapolis but she visits every now and then.  Every time I show up for a Saturday run and see Kate, I do a little Yay Kate dance.  I don't know if anyone really understands why I get so excited about seeing Kate.  Sure I think she's an awesome person and I love catching up with her.  But the real reason I do a Kate dance is that she reminds me of who I was when I started this journey.  I was determined to complete a half marathon but I had no idea how to achieve that goal. I'm a much stronger runner today.  I'm a much stronger person today. But it's kind of nice every now and then to look back and remember.  So thanks Kate for showing up today and reminding me of me.

Kate has been running and it shows...she definitely killed it!  Colleen and I ran 6.14 miles in 1:04 (10:35 pace).  Not a bad effort considering it was the longest I've run since November.  I was pleased at how easily I was able to cover the distance.  Today was a good running day!

No comments:

Post a Comment