Sunday, November 27, 2011

Slow and Steady

So my goal for the weekend was to get out and run.  The weather was perfect so I did just that!  We were in Betterton for the weekend.  I ran a familiar route so that I didn't have to think too much about the course.  It was exactly 3 miles.

I knew as I took my first steps that this wasn't going to be a fast run.  I basically can't even say that I was running.  It was more like a slow jog.  But it was wonderful.  I didn't look at my Garmin at all to see my pace.  I didn't really care.  I ran and thought.  I had a lot of thinking to do.  Running helps me with that.

So when I got back to the house and finally looked at my Garmin and saw how long it took me to run that 3 miles, at first I was disappointed.  But then I remembered how awesome it felt just to be running.  Not once during the run did I want to stop...even running up the hills.  Not once did my head try to convince me that I was tired and couldn't finish.

I think sometimes I need to just get out there and run a slow and steady run.  Next time I might not even wear my Garmin.  I'm just going to go for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment