Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Treadmill vs. the Great Outdoors

I really hate running on a treadmill.  It's boring even when there are TV's in front of me.  It also hurts my ankles and knees.  Not having the best joints to begin with, anything that hurts my ankles and knees is probably not a great idea.

HOWEVER, we are getting to the time of the year when it's mostly dark except for when I'm in my office.  I don't have shower facilities here so running over my lunch hour means that my afternoon would be spend pretty unpleasantly.

So I find myself running on the treadmill more often these days.  My little 24 hour gym has several treadmills and they are located a 1/4 mile from my house.  Ryann and I walked over to the gym and did some work on the treadmills at the end of last week.  I'm still feeling it in my knees. 

I really love running outside.  I need to make time to do that.  It's good for my mind and my body.  It's a beautiful time of the year to be running.  Work has been busy and life has been busy, but I really need to make some time to get out there and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment