Friday, June 14, 2013

Running with Sedona

We have a new family member...Sedona.  She's a 3 year old hound mix.  She is super sweet, extremely well trained and very good with the kids.

I am excited also because I now have a running buddy.  I want to work her up to running maybe 3-4 miles with me.  I'm not sure how slowly I should build up her mileage, so I'm going to err on the side of taking it REALLY slow.

So last night I put on my running shoes and jogged several loops around the neighborhood.  I wanted to take it at a slow pace and just see how she did.  She happily trotted along with me and followed my verbal cues when we needed to make a turn.

It was GREAT!  The only thing I have to work on is where to stash the plastic bag.  I had tucked it into my shorts for this short run and it got really annoying.  I don't quite understand her patterns enough to know when she will go...so any time we leave the house with her, I'm always sure to bring the plastic bag.  Maybe if I wear my water bottle belt, I can put it in there...but then what do I do with it if I'm a mile from home and she poops?  Ugh...the joys of dog ownership...

No comments:

Post a Comment