Thursday, October 24, 2013

I HATE INSIDE!!

With the onset of chilly weather, the idea has occurred to me that it's going to be a long winter inside.  I hate the treadmill and I hate riding on the trainer.

I can certainly run outside in all weather conditions except rain and snow.  So hopefully I will be able to keep up my running despite colder weather.

However, the bike is a different story.  When Daryl, Tom and I rode the W&OD trail last weekend, it was chilly.  It was bearable but chilly.  Temperatures this weekend will again be chilly to start, but should warm to a comfortable level.  However that won't be the case for long. 

I don't mind my Spin90 classes.  I find doing those classes on the trainer to be fun actually.  However, spending any time on the trainer by myself in my house is total torture.  The last time that I tried it (when it rained for days the week before last), I couldn't last more than half an hour.  It wasn't physical...it was totally a mental struggle.

There was an email that came out on the MMTC email chain that offered 3 hour Sunday rides indoors.  You bring your own trainer, bike and water and ride for 3 hours.  I think I will try that once they start in December.  But riding on a trainer for 3 hours sounds truly horrible.

I am just hoping that this winter I can get enough work in that my decline in performance is minimal when next spring rolls around.  I really hate inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment