Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I Don't Know How You Do It

I have heard several people say this to me.  "I don't know how you do it."  They are typically referring to my training, full time job and family responsibilities.  Most of the time I smile and agree that it's not easy but that it's totally manageable.

However, there are times when I can't do it all.  This week is one example.  Saturday I left early in the morning to drive to Ohio to pick up Ryann from her summer session.  Sunday we drove home and didn't get in until after midnight.  Stephen left at 3 am this morning for a hiking trip.  He won't be home until Friday. Plus work is extremely busy and requires some extra time.

I am having a huge challenge in finding the time in my schedule to do any training, much less do the training that is on my plan.  I can't make my Spin90 or swimming classes at all this week.

So what now?  Do I just take a week off?  Do I fit in whatever I can and not worry about the rest?  Whatever I decide, I'm sure that I will feel badly about it.  But the reality of life is that sometimes it gets in the way of training.

I suppose the most important thing is to come out of this week without too much guilt.  Because in the grand scheme of training, one missed week is not the end of the road.  It's just a speed bump.  So I'm going to do what I can and just get through the week.  Next week is another week...

No comments:

Post a Comment