Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Stepping Back to Move Forward

So this blog has kind of gotten stale.  I haven't posted regularly and I'm sure that anyone still out there checking my blog is either related to me or just really bored.  So I've decided that I am going to change things up a little. 

The reason I haven't posted is that I haven't had much to say.  I have been very sporatic with my training since my foot surgery.  I have also gained a lot of weight, which mentally weighs me down and physically holds me back in training.  SO, now that September is here, I've made a decision...I am going to take a step back in order to move forward. 

What does this mean?  Well, I will still swim, bike and run but it will be with the goal of getting myself into a good, healthy place instead of with goals of going longer, harder, faster. 

I have always done better when I am being held accountable.  So, I will make a daily post on this blog that talks about the challenges or the successes I've had that day.  This will include both my workouts and my eating, however this will never be a weight loss blog.  I'm just not that kind of girl!

Feel free to chime in if you are on a similar path.  I am by no means an expert and will take any feedback or support that anyone will give me!

So, day 1...here goes...

Success: I have eaten "clean" all day.  Only meat, veggies and fruit today so far.  I have given up my treasured hot tea with Splenda in the mornings.  I have been drinking water all day.  I actually enjoyed my healthy lunch.

Challenges:  I probably did not pack enough food to get me through the day since it is almost 3 pm and I feel very hungry.  My sleep was not good last night so when I woke up this morning with the intent to run, I chose to reset my alarm and go back to sleep.  I did not plan ahead for dinner so I am probably going to be challenged there.

No comments:

Post a Comment