Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

This weekend was packed...start to finish...and I'm exhausted.  But it was a really good weekend, so I'm happy to take some time and share with my friends.

Saturday morning, I met the CCR running group at Lake Elkhorn.  I was concerned that the schedule called for us to run 7-9 miles.  I could probably handle the 7, but I am not in any shape to be running 9 miles right now!  So I was relieved when Meghan said she was only going 5 miles because she had Ben in the stroller. That was perfect for me!  The group was small because so many of the members were running either Iron Girl or the Nike Half Marathon. 

Now let me take a slight detour in my thought...Saturday morning was also the Ocean City Half Marathon.  My very first Half Marathon was the OC Half in 2010.  I have run or volunteered for that race every year since then.  This is the first time I'm not there.  Of course my thoughts were in OC all day.

Back to the things that I DID do this weekend...so Meghan and I chatted and ran.  We saw lots of turtles hanging out on logs in the lake.  It was a nice, easy pace and I really enjoyed the run.  It was exactly what I needed.

I rushed home and showered, then took Ryann to Frederick to get her hair done, go to the florist to pick up the boutineer, and get home to meet the make up artist.  Yes, it was Ryann's prom.  Here is my pretty girl:

Sunday I got up and drove to Crofton to ride with Daryl and his friends from the Bike Doctor.  It was a 33 mile ride with some hills but nothing like I experienced when I rode the Columbia course.  I realized that my endurance is really lacking.  The last 10 miles were a bit of a struggle for me.  Of course I didn't admit that to my fellow riders!  All in all I think that I did well.  Considering that I'm missing my cycling class on Tuesday, this ride was really important.

After riding, I drove home, showered and drove up to Bel Air for a benefit concert in honor of my friend Mindy who is battling cancer.

Mindy is beautiful, even without much hair!  (I don't know the guy in the photo with her, so sorry for not identifying him.)  After leaving the benefit concert, I drove to my parents' house for Sunday Dinner.  I'm now home and exhausted.

One week until the Nanticoke Triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment