Friday, May 24, 2013

Running Group Dilemma

Wednesday night was track practice for the running group.  It was hot and humid...the hottest day we've had so far this year.  Abby was coming off of the Columbia Triathlon and I've been trying to ignore the pain in my knee for a few days...so we decided to take it very easy at track.  We did over 3 miles at a run/walk pace.  Perfect!  My knee thanked me by not hurting the next day!

After track practice we went to the River Hill Grill and had our celebration dinner for the last session.  Several people had gone right to the restaurant still dressed from work...so they looked and smelled much better than the rest of us!

I am struggling with what to do with the running group in the short term.  I love my running group and want to still run with these amazing people.  But money is tight right now so I'm evaluating everything I spend.  I am going to be away a majority of the weekends in June and early July.  I will definitely join when their fall training sessions start but I'm not sure I can justify the money for the "bridge" session right now.  Although, having the track workouts on Wednesday nights is really important in keeping me focused on my training.  But are Wednesdays enough to warrant the cost?  I don't think so.

Ugh. I really wish I had won the lottery!  I could quit my job and have plenty of time to train while the kids were at school! Ahhh...a girl can dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment