Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hills!

Yesterday I was determined to get a GOOD run in.  I've had disappointing runs while staying at my parents' house so I really needed a good run in order to get my head back in the game.  There's something about a hill workout that was really appealing to me.  (Yes, I am a bit crazy like that.)

My parents live in a pretty neighborhood with nice rolling hills.  There is one hill that is very steep and seems to go on forever!  So I set out at an easy jog to warm up.  I ran about a quarter mile for a warm up and then I got to the bottom of the hill.  Deep breath and I took off.  It felt great!  My legs were pumping, my arms had great form and I felt good.  Then after about 10 steps I realized that this hill was steep.  It didn't feel so great anymore!  LOL.

I got to the top of the hill the first time and walked for about 20 seconds to get my breathing under control.  Then I turned around and jogged back down the hill.  I hate running downhill!  It's the worst! 

I managed to run the hill 4 times before my legs gave out completely.  My legs were so shaky as I jogged back down the hill the last time.  I ran back to my parents' house as a cool down.  The kicker of it all...my parents driveway is a steep, short uphill climb.  Yeah...I walked that.

But it felt good to have a GOOD run in.  Now hopefully I can get my head back and be able to keep up with the running group on Saturday when we attempt to run 8 miles.  What?!?!  I don't feel ready for that but I have got to get my mileage up or else I'm in serious trouble for the half marathon.  Pressure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment