Monday, August 15, 2011

The Prodigal Returns

This weekend I returned to the beach and got the chance to run with the OC Running Club!  I was so excited because it has been really difficult to do anything on my own.

Well it was evident that they have left me in the dust!  I took off at what I felt like was a decent pace and Colleen and Barry flew past me!  Colleen kept up a monster pace throughout the 6 miles we ran...well, the 6 miles SHE ran.  I ended up stopping after 5.5 miles.  I was so impressed with Colleen.  Honestly, I was a little jealous too.  I used to be the one who easily ran ahead of the group and now I'm struggling just to keep up.

I am actually OK with it.  I know my limitations.  One of them is that I am really not good at running on my own.  I don't push myself on the pace and I don't run as often as I should.  I am seriously considering not running the Baltimore Half.  I know that I want to do it...but I want to do it well...I don't want to go and suffer through a lousy performance.  SO, it's decision time.  If I'm going to run the race, I need to get myself in gear.  I need to really focus on training by myself.  Or I need to admit that this might not be the best time to train for a half marathon and allow myself to be a slacker.  Hmmm.....

Sunday Ryann and I went to the gym.  Ryann and Daina did a weight lifting workout and I did the workout that was on the board from Saturday.  Getting that workout in was really important to me.  I felt better physically and mentally after I worked out.  I really need to find a gym here!  It's just so hard because where I am temporarily living is not where I will be living...so I just don't know where I should go yet.  Maybe I can find somewhere near my parent's house that gives a free one month trial!  I'm going to do some research on that!

All in all, it was a good weekend.  I need to get off my butt during the week though.  That's very clear.  I'm sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment