Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One Reason Why I Love Running

Saturday was the Baltimore Half Marathon.  Last year I ran the race with my friend Teresa and had a great time.  This year I decided not to run because of everything going on with the move and everything else.  So I went to support my friends from OC.  Here they are before the race:

I cheered at the start...here's Michelle and Jen in the bottom left corner of the picture.  I tried to take a picture of Colleen but one of the other runners is blocking her.
Here's Don about .2 miles from the finish line.  These photos were taken pretty far away so you can't see him that well.  He's in a white shirt.  He finished in a personal best time of 1 hour 38 minutes.  Great job Don!

Here is a photo of Colleen...actually she's once again being blocked by another runner.  I have no idea why it was so hard for me to get a picture of her! grr.

I had a blast watching the race, but at the same time it made me sad that I wasn't running it.  So it has re-focused me on my goal.  I will be getting myself back in shape and getting my running back on track.

So this post is called One Reason Why I Love Running...here it is...I am extremely competitive and yet I can cheer on my friends and be proud of their accomplishments.  A woman in my office ran her first half marathon on Saturday.  I asked her on Monday how she did.  She finished in 1 hour and 51 minutes!  That's FAST!  I am jealous because I really want to finish in under 2 hours.  But I am honestly happy for her.  I'm actually thrilled for her.  I love running because I can be competitive with myself...and still be so excited for my friends.  I love nothing more than cheering them on to achieve levels they never expected to achieve.  If it was only about me, running would not be so much fun.  I love the people I have met through my running and I can't wait to see where my running takes me.  Keep reading...the journey has just begun!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment