Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Whole New Mindset...Or Is It an Old One?

I had bootcamp again last night.  It was great!  Actually I did a little bit extra torture.  I got to the gym early and decided that since I haven't run lately, I would run on the treadmill for a little bit.  I ran 1 mile at an easy pace, then ran about a quarter mile at a fast pace, then jogged for another quarter mile.  It was only a mile and a half, but it felt great!  I'm not normally a good treadmill runner but I think my body was so happy to be running again that it didn't matter.

Then we started bootcamp with bear crawls on the treadmill.  It got worse from there...

I really had fun even though the workout was REALLY tough.  I even cheered on the guy training for the Marines.  He has to do everything that Tammy (the smoker) and I do but he has to do it with crazy heavy weights.  I felt good...last week my weights were just about the same as Tammy's.  This week my weights were a lot heavier than what she was doing.  It felt good to be working out and cheering for my fellow workout buddies.

So I am re-energized and re-committed to my workout routine.  I still don't know exactly when I am going to fit running and working out into this crazy schedule that we have right now...but I'm going to figure it out.  I need to stay focused on my workouts...mentally and physically I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment