Sunday, July 28, 2013

Team Uniforms

I am so excited that my little ones want to run the Kiddie K next Saturday.  So I explained to them one of the coolest things about running a race is getting a new outfit for the race photos.  Friday night we jumped in the car and headed to Target for new outfits for the Kiddie K.

The girls section of Target has 2 whole racks dedicated to active wear...what I would call workout clothes.  They are very cute in those small sizes.  So it was perfect for our mission to find race outfits.

On the way there, Grace decided that they were not to be called race outfits, they were to be called Team Uniforms and she said that she really hoped that their team won.  I tried to explain that running a race isn't a team sport, but she wasn't having any of it.

So of course when we get there, Ella falls in love with a shirt that they only have in her size and not in Grace's size.  So we got a different shirt and found cute little shorts to match.  We didn't try any of this on in the store.

When we got home, it was bed time.  But the girls were so excited about their team uniforms that they really wanted to put them on and run down the sidewalk.  So I caved and we put on the new uniforms.  Ella's shorts were literally falling off of her.  Note to self: probably would have been wise to try it on in the store.  ANYWAY, Ella put on a skirt with the shirt and we were off to "practice for the race".

Here is Grace modeling the team uniform.


And here they are together.


Practice consisted of them sprinting down the sidewalk.  Ella originally wanted me to be the coach until I started to tell her what to do...then she decided that they didn't need a coach. 

Saturday we returned the shorts to Target and got Ella a pair that fits her properly.  We actually got out of the store without buying anything additional!  Honestly that's probably a first for me. 

Last weekend there was a KidzTri in Columbia.  The local newspaper had a lot of photos from the event and I read some sections of the story to the girls.  So Ella decided that she was going to work on being a better swimmer and she would do the triathlon next year.  She asked if she could use training wheels on her bike and I read her a section of the story from the paper about a kid who used training wheels.  Then Grace asked if she could ride her Big Wheel in the triathlon.  I laughed and suggested that we hold our own triathlon where Ella could use her training wheels and Grace could use her Big Wheel.  I love that these kids are expressing an interest in something that I love so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment