Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Two-a-Days

In high school I can remember the football team had two-a-days...meaning practice twice a day.  I thought it sounded like some kind of torture.  I'm at a point where my training plan is getting a little challenging to work with my schedule.  So on days like today, I have to get in 2 practices a day.  This morning I did the last swim class for this session.  (note to self: don't forget to register tomorrow for the next session!)  Then this evening I had my Spin90 class. 

I have to say that I don't mind two-a-days.  The swim class went well.  I was in the slow lane and was able to keep up with the other two ladies.  Granted it was the slow lane, but I felt very confident in the class today. 

After starting the day with swimming, I was worried about my energy level for Spin90.  I have to say that I kicked ass!  We did the same thing as last week...Gun Rd and Lawyer's Hill.  Tough climbs, but I did well.  Then on Race Rd, we let it all hang out.  Rob (instructor), Daryl and I were in a draft line and we were flying! It was so much fun.

So as I'm writing this, my shoulder hurts, my legs are sore...but I feel great!!!  Bring on IronGirl this weekend.  I'm ready to rock that little race.

No comments:

Post a Comment