Monday, September 16, 2013

You Know You Have a Problem When...

I took my oldest daughter to South Carolina on Friday to do a college visit.  We had an amazing time and both loved the school.  What does this have to do with triathlons you might ask...

Well on Saturday morning when we were checking out of the hotel, we saw a cyclist go by.  He was fast so he was really just a blur.  Then I saw another and realized that the cyclists had body marking!  It had to be a triathlon!  I got so excited...I was like a little kid.  I wanted to go see where they swam, how big the transition area was, where the run was taking place...I wanted to cheer them on!  Unfortunately all I had time to do was to check out of the hotel and head to the airport.

But this little encounter just shows me that the multi-sport world is everywhere.  I guess it's like when you just buy your car and then everywhere you look, you see the same car.  Because I'm involved in triathlons, I am more prone to notice when I see one...but isn't it funny that I was only there for 1 night and I happened to stumble upon a triathlon? 

Now if my daughter decides to go to school down there, I have another event I can add to the calendar!  (As if I need another event on my calendar.  I know Stephen will groan if I tell him I'm ADDING to my race schedule next year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment