Monday, November 25, 2013

Break

I haven't posted for awhile.  I needed a break.

I needed a break from writing for awhile.  I knew that stepping away from the keyboard was the best thing to do.  The race overwhelmed me in so many ways.  I was trying to process the experience and wasn't sure that the processing was worth documenting here.  I hope I didn't lose too many readers by staying away myself!

I also needed a break from all things athletic.  I went to my Spin90 classes and I have gone to swimming, but really I haven't been putting in a full effort in anything.  I haven't run at all.  I haven't been able to ride my bike for very long...but that is mostly due to my continuing back issues.  My swimming has been pretty lazy.

I want next year to be a better year.  I want to be more focused.  I need to figure out how to avoid skipping my runs. 

In order to come back better next year, I definitely need this break. I need the intensity to be light for awhile...for both mental and physical reasons.

But I promise I won't take any more big long breaks on writing again!  So keep checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment