Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

I know that times are tight for a lot of people, and I'm right there too.  Our financial situation is getting to the point where I need to make some cutbacks.  This means that I have to make some tough choices, which includes my off-season training.

I think I've decided that I'm going to take a break from swimming...maybe one session off.  Although I'm worried that I will lose so much ground by taking off a session.  Pam keeps the workouts up on the board for the rest of the day so maybe I can try to do the workouts on my own. 

I will definitely continue Spin90 as long as possible.  Cycling is still my strength and I need to make sure that I don't lose too much fitness in the off-season.  Because I hate the trainer so much, I know that I will not keep up my workouts on my own.  So this is where I will spend some money.

I am considering a couple of early spring half marathons.  This will force me to be more focused on my running.  Maybe then I won't be so quick to skip my runs.  I need to embrace the cold though...it's already brutal out there.

The one area that I really need to work on is my core strength.  Luckily I can do this for free at home!  I know that I have a lot of work to do and I feel like I will be able to stay motivated with my core work.

I can do this!  The reality is that there are very expensive training options...and they are really great.  There is also the option to train completely on your own.  I am going to try to combine both and see how it goes.  You can be sure that I'll post about the good and bad of my training choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment