Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Doctor Update

I haven't had many entries lately because honestly I haven't had much to say.  I'm swimming regularly, doing some core work, but not really doing much else.  I have a training plan from Coach Sandra and I'm following it to the best of my ability...although there have been some days that I just didn't feel like going to the gym.

I had my pre-op appointment with my doctor earlier this week.  I got some good news - the recovery process is not going to be as bad as I had expected!  I will not have to use crutches or a scooter or anything - I will be able to walk on it right away!  Of course I have to wear the boot, but I can walk on it.  Also, I will be able to swim as soon as I get the stitches out. 

I was expecting a much more difficult recovery process.  Of course it's going to be painful...and I can't drive for 2 weeks...and the first 5 days are the most crucial to make sure I stay off it as much as possible.

After my doctor appointment, my foot has been hurting more than ever.  I think it's probably all just in my head, but I am so glad that the surgery is next week.  I really want to have the surgery and get started on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment