Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Time Has Come

Tomorrow is the day...surgery day.  I am nervous.  I have no idea what to expect.

I have never broken a bone.  So the only bone that I will have ever broken will have been done on purpose by a doctor.  That seems a bit odd when you say it like that!

My training has been a disaster these last few months.  I have not been able to do anything on a regular basis except swim.  And even that has suffered.  So I'm excited about getting to a point in my recover where I can actively train again.  However, I know that there is a long, painful road between now and then.

I can't eat anything after 5 am tomorrow morning.  So to make up for it, I'm eating everything in sight.  I've had pasta bake, a hard boiled egg, a bowl of chocolate ice cream, popcorn and a glass of red wine.  I'm now contemplating having a slice of cheesecake.  This really is getting ridiculous. 

I will post tomorrow after surgery.  Disclaimer:  I will be on painkillers so I have no idea what will be said!

No comments:

Post a Comment