Thursday, May 1, 2014

Say Goodbye to the Extra Lbs

Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm not a good dieter.  I can do short term diets...and some that are extremely strict too!  But eventually I'm going to wander back to the dark side.  I love my Coca-Cola and my donuts.  I don't eat donuts all the time, but as a treat every now and then.  However I affectionately refer to myself as a "Coke addict".

I am by no means fat.  I am by no means thin.  But my pants are getting too tight and I'm just generally not happy with the way that I look.  So I've been slowly changing my eating habits.  I have made some really good choices...and some choices that are not "in my best interest" for losing weight.

I really try not to get too caught up in weight issues.  I have had way too many times in my past where weight became a big deal.  Now I just want to be healthy.

I know that once I can get back to a regular training routine, I will be able to drop the weight pretty quickly.  My life has been crazy lately, but there's nothing that I would have changed.  My oldest daughter is a senior and I've really enjoyed the time away from training because it gave me more quality time with her.  But it also gave me more quality time with the ice cream scoop...that's time that I probably should have avoided.

Also, carbs are a problem.  They always have been, and always will be.  I love bread, pasta, pizza, bagels...you name the carb and I'll probably eat it gleefully.  Carbs are bad, but they are SOOO good. 

Lisa Long has a poster that says "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".  I could use some skinny right about now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment