Thursday, March 31, 2011

Workout Fail

I cannot remember the last time I didn't finish a workout for any reason.  But last night I quit halfway through.  Not even halfway through.  Here's what happened...

We were supposed to run a speed workout at the high school track but someone forgot to check the game schedule (I won't mention any names and throw Chris under the bus...hehe) and sure enough, there was a girl's lacrosse game.  So we headed over to Live Long Fitness for a workout.  According to the training plan, we were supposed to do 4 800's.  Lisa decided that we should do 2 800's then a Prowler workout.  I felt good for the 800's and actually cut 10 seconds off my second one compared to my first.  But as soon as I was finished with the second one, I felt all wrong.  My stomach got nauseous, my head felt fuzzy and I was getting tunnel vision.  I went inside the gym to get some water...mistake...the heat made me feel even worse.  So I went back outside and sat down.

Everyone else started the Prowler workout.  I couldn't even tell you what they were doing exactly but I know they did the Prowler, the no name sled and something with sand bags...squats and lunges maybe?  I'm not sure.  Anyway, I sat for awhile hoping I would feel better and when I didn't, I decided just to go.

I hate not finishing a workout.  I hate not feeling good.  Lisa called me later and lectured me on taking care of myself, which I haven't been doing a good job of lately.  She is totally right.  I don't have time for much right now but I need to make the time to eat and sleep properly...at least as close to properly as possible right now.  My food has been horrible.  I've been eating dinner at 10:00 at night when I get home from the restaurant and normally it consists of cheese, crackers and chocolate ice cream.  I know it sounds good but it sure doesn't fuel your body.  Breakfast is pretty much non-existent and lunch is typically take out of some sort.  Not exactly a well balanced healthy diet. 

Yesterday my body gave me a huge signal that I'm headed down a really bad path if I continue to run myself ragged and not eat or sleep right.  So I'm going to focus on changing that.  The half marathon is in 30 days.  If I have any hope of finishing the race, I need to make sure that I am not feeling like I was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment