Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Catching Up

Is it really Wednesday already???  I actually finished the tracking chart on Monday this week but for some reason never got around to posting it.  Here is the weekly tracking.

Some items to point out - Michelle is WAY ahead of everyone else!  She was in Chile for 2 weeks and hadn't turned in her mileage.  Now that she's back and has reported what she was doing while away, I'm very impressed!  Also, Tammie has a new goal.  Congratulations to her for recognizing that she needs to continue to challenge herself.

The second item I need to catch up on is my own running.  My foot issues have set me back some.  I made an appointment with a foot doctor.  So today I lugged in a bag full of my waitressing shoes, running shoes and of course wore my boots.  He inspected all my shoes and said that they weren't that bad.  I apparently do a twisting motion in my foot when I walk.  It's not really a pronation...it's a twist.  He said that the pivot point of the twist is right in the area that hurts.  He made me a temporary support while I'm waiting for my orthotics to come in.  So my issue is NOT a running issue...it's actually a walking issue that was brought on by the significantly increased amount of time I'm walking now that I'm waiting tables.  SO tonight we ran on the boardwalk.  I was running late (as usual for the Wed runs) so I didn't get a picture tonight even though the sunset was absolutely beautiful.  It was chillier than I expected on the boardwalk although a mile into the run I was hot.  My foot felt great.  On the way up, I chatted with Colleen and Laura and on the way back, we caught up to Mark who was having some back issues.  I got to talking with him and before I knew it we had picked up the pace a little bit.  I didn't realize we had separated from the other 2. 

Now that I have run on my foot with the temporary support thingie that Dr. Jamrok made me, I have more confidence that I can actually finish the 10 mile race.  Now the question is...how fast can I do it?  The 10 mile has always been my nemesis.  I haven't had a good finish in a 10 mile race.  It's supposed to rain on Sunday so I don't think this will be a great finish either.  We shall see...at least my foot won't be the problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment