Friday, June 10, 2011

The Bridge

In almost 100 degree heat on Wednesday, the running group met at the Assateague Bridge.  Lisa brought plenty of water...she literally dumped an entire jug on her head by the time we were done.
We split up and some of the group did the repeaters and others did a distance run.  I decided to do a combination of both.  I did 4 repeaters.  On the way up the bridge, I kept my pace under 8:30.  The photo doesn't even show how steep this bridge really is!

On the way down the bridge, I kept my pace as close to 9:15 as I could.  The downhill was supposed to be the recovery but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going TOO slow. 

After my 4 repeaters I ran to the car and got my phone.  I ran/jogged for the rest of the time and enjoyed the scenery.  The cool thing about running at Assateague is seeing the horses.
The worst thing about running on Assateague is having to avoid the poop.
Despite the heat, it was really good to get out there and run.  It was also good to run around with my phone taking pictures.  It's a beautiful place to be...I'm a lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - That is the funniest blog ever!!! Running around horse poop should definitely contitute a obstacle course!!!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete