Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pain and More Pain

In today's workout, I did something to my neck and shoulder.  I was in pain immediately and had to modify the remainder of the workout.  I iced it when I got home but tried to work through it and ignore it.  It was probably an hour into the day that I realized that something was really wrong.  So I called and made an appointment with Dr. Jeff although I was a little scared.  I have heard many stories about how he is really good at what he does but that the process is quite painful.

So when I arrived at the office, I was nervous but I really needed something to be done for my shoulder.  He quickly identified the problem areas and showed me on a chart the muscle that was involved.  Then the treatment began.  I have always believed that I have a high tolerance for pain, but this appointment made me realize that I am really a wimp!  I didn't cry...although I did let out a yelp once.  But when I walked out of his office, my shoulder felt great.  I have a follow up appointment on Friday.

The worst part...no running or gym for a few days.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment