Friday, July 8, 2011

Ode to Dr. Jeff Michaels

I love Dr. Jeff Michaels.  Not in a romantic way...strictly in a "he fixed me when I was really hurting" way.  After injuring my shoulder I went to see him at his office.  He works out with the 6 am group so he knows the craziness that we go through on a daily basis.  Colleen has been to see Dr. Jeff for several sessions after she hurt her knee and foot in the half marathon.  She loves Dr. Jeff Michaels too.  Actually, Dave and Lisa love Dr. Jeff Michaels too.  Everyone who has ever gone to see him seems to share our feelings!

Colleen sent me a text as I was walking into Dr. Jeff's office for the first time.  She simply said "remember he can dead lift 450 lbs".  Great...just what I need...some additional fear of the pain he's going to inflict!  Several people have asked me what it was like.  I describe it as a combination of a massage and torture...more like torture.  But the fact that a week after the injury, I am able to work out and run again without pain is amazing!  There are a few movements that I can't do...like rowing (oh shucks)...but I am back in action!

I am in Baltimore today and will be here until tomorrow morning.  That means that I'm unfortunately going to miss the Snow Hill 5K.  I loved that race last year so I am disappointed that I can't run it this year.  Plus there aren't many registrants at this point so an age group award would definitely be possible.  Colleen and Barry are running so I hope that they do well and get some awards to make the Ocean City Running Club proud!  I hope to run another race soon.  I love racing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment