Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mom First, Runner Second

Stephen is away this weekend taking pictures for a wedding.  I had to work last night, and Ryann babysat the little ones for me.  So when she said she would rather sleep in than watch them again in the morning, I knew that my only choice was to bring them along to the running group. 

This is the extra 100 pounds I was working with today!  And no, it's not a jogging stroller so it really isn't made for running.

I alternated running and walking.  I was shocked at how much upper body work was involved in just keeping the stroller going in the right direction!  My arms were burning after about a half mile.  I made it 2 miles which normally I would think was pathetic but today I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment.

There are some days that you have to sacrifice in order to get your run in...there are other days when sacrificing just isn't an option.  So instead of skipping a run, I just made it work.  Hopefully my extra work pushing the stroller makes up for the lack of miles I got in.  The half marathon training doesn't officially start until next week, but I really wanted to get a jump start on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment