Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Live Long Fitness Summer Challenge

So by now, if you have been reading my blog for awhile, you realize that I'm just a bit competitive.  So when Live Long announced their summer challenge, I was all in...then I found out what was involved.  It was a combination of your best deadlift, your highest box jump and your farthest 5 minute row.  I'm good at the row and OK on the box jump, but the deadlifting scared me.  My daughter Ryann can deadlift over 200 lbs.  She's working on getting 250!  WOW.  I am a weakling.

So I put up my row almost immediately.  I didn't realize it but one of our workouts involved deadlifting and our weights for that workout were used for the challenge.  One day that Ryann was working out with Daina Kaz, I decided to mess around and put up a pretty wimpy box jump...but it was the highest I'd ever jumped.  That was all back in the beginning of June.

The competition lasted until this past weekend.  As the competition was getting closer to it's end, I realized that I wasn't too far back from the leader.  I deadlifted 30 lbs more than my previous best! 

So I worked on the box jump and added 3 inches to my previous best.  Adding the scores, I realized that I only needed just over 100 meters on my row to catch Christine!  So I had Sandra rowing next to me and Dave yelling at me.  I did absolutely everything I could on the row and only added 10 meters to my previous row. 

So I ended up 2nd.  I am proud of second place but I really want to win one of these competitions!  I have to congratulate Christine.  She is such an amazing rower and she deadlifted a monster amount!  Here she is landing her box jump.  YAY CHRISTINE!


I really need to work on my deadlifts.  I did well for me but I'm still wimpy!  Here are the final scores.  I included the results for the men too.  These 3 guys are incredible!


Christine B. 1271 row + 225 deadlift + 25.25 box jump  1521.25 Total
Karen C. 1206 row + 175 deadlift + 29 box jump 1399 Total
Dana M. 1101 row + 225 deadlift + 34.25  1360 Total



Scott 1445 row + 365 dead + 49.5 box jump  1859.5 Total
Sydney 1431 row + 385 dead + 52.25 box jump 1858.25 Total
Ross 1369 row + 340 dead + 44.5 box jump 1753.5 Total

No comments:

Post a Comment