Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot

It's really hot out there.  I have always been the kind of person who LOVES summer.  I don't mind the heat and humidity.  I'll take that over sweaters and shivers any day.  But running in the heat is something different.  Last summer I trained for the Baltimore half marathon throughout the summer.  With 2 half marathons planned for the fall, I am starting my training now.  IT'S HOT!!!  Yesterday I did a workout that involved 400 meter runs.  Normally I work out in the mornings, but yesterday Ryann and I went to the gym in the afternoon.  So it was really hot when I was running.  It definitely affected my performance.  I could feel that I wasn't at my normal pace.  Today the running club is meeting at the Assateague Bridge.  I'm sure Lisa will have something horrible planned for us considering it's our speed workout day.  I'm hoping that the sea breezes will be blowing and keep us cool!

I will try to find my camera and take some photos.  As Dave has reminded me, I haven't posted any new photos recently.  Sorry!  They are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment