Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Fun

This morning's workout was:

100 meter Sandbag Waiter Walk
20 Sandbag Squats
200 meter run
5 DB FTOH (heavy)
-6 rounds-

I started the workout with Jeff, Ross and Barry.  Daina, Colleen and Keith started a few minutes behind our group.  I noticed right away that I was waiter walking much faster than the boys.  Could it be that I have more practice???  LOL.  Anyway, it ended up that once again I smoked the boys in the workout and finished almost 2 full minutes faster than Jeff who was the next fastest!  Wow.  I guess some days I have it and other days I don't. 

Colleen and I decided that we are definitely running the Green Turtle 5K on Sunday!  And we convinced Barry and Keith to run it with us.  I am nowhere near race shape but I am excited about having a race in the near future.  I love racing even if I know I won't get a PR.  Depending on the turnout, maybe I'll get an age group award...not much longer for me to be in the 30's age group! :(

Have a great weekend everyone!  Keep on running!  Look for a race recap and hopefully some photos early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment