Monday, September 19, 2011

MOVING DAY!!!

This weekend I completed what I hope to be my last move in a VERY long time.  It went OK...lots of unexpected surprises along the way...none of which are all that interesting to share on here.  But at the end of it all, we are in the house!!!  It will take awhile for me to get everything unpacked and arranged.  But we've spent 2 nights there and I can say that I am very happy.  I love the house and the neighborhood.  I love that I'm 2 minutes from the daycare and less than 10 from Ryann's high school.  I love that I'm only 20 minutes from my parents.  And I love that I'm in Howard County.

So now it's really "MOVING DAY"!  Yes, I mean working out and running again!  Life is going to settle into a routine and I plan to find a chunk of time where I can re-start my running and workouts.  I have a 24/7 gym in my neighborhood.  I'm meeting with the owner tomorrow to check it out.  I'm not sure that a 24/7 gym is the best way to go, but it's affordable and convenient.  And they offer a free week to check it out. 

I have a feeling that nothing is going to be as good as what I had at Live Long Fitness, but I will do my best to find something that works for me.  There's also another gym not too far away from my house, but honestly their website scared me.  Their homepage shows a picture of a very intimidating looking, muscle bound man glaring at me.  That's not what I'm looking for in a gym thank you very much.

What do you look for in a gym?  I stumbled into the best scenario possible for me when I went along with someone to Live Long Fitness.  But when it comes to going out and finding a gym, I really don't know how to evaluate them.  Any suggestions or ideas you might have for me???

Since I'm looking forward to getting back on track, I'll have more to blog about so keep checking back!

1 comment:

  1. Any gym worth anything will let you try it. Watch what everyone in the gym is doing and ask yourself "is that what I want for me?" Ask the trainers of they race, or compete, in anything. Look at their involvement in the community..do they host/sponsor 5ks? If you get a feeling in your gut that a gym isn't for you...it probably isn't. D. Long

    ReplyDelete