Saturday, September 10, 2011

A is for Awesome

At Live Long Fitness I was known as kind of a cheerleader.  There was nothing more that I enjoyed than cheering on other people to do their best.  I always did better when I was cheering for someone else.

Right now I feel like I need a cheerleader.  It's been challenging to find time to run and/or workout during this weird time in my life.  I've been living at my parents' house until we can get into our new house.  I get up at 5 am just to get out the door in time to get Ryann to school and the little ones to daycare.  There's not really a spare minute in the day when I can workout or go for a run.

HOWEVER, I still feel like I'm AWESOME!  Moving day is Sept. 17th.  Once we get into the new house, I will have less time in the car every day and a little bit more time in my schedule to workout and/or run.  There's a gym less than a half mile from my house.  It's open 24 hours! 

I may be losing a little bit of my conditioning...and I'm definitely losing some of my endurance...but I am not losing my attitude. I feel good about where I am.  My job is great and I am SOOO much happier living in the Baltimore area.  I miss my friends at Live Long and the running group, but I know that I am in the right place.

AWESOME is a state of mind.  I may not be physically awesome right now but I am mentally AWESOME!  Once the logistics work themselves out, I will be working on my physical awesomeness.  Stay tuned...I promise to blog about my progress. 

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear that you're doing AWESOME! Don't worry about your conditioning...As I'm learning, sometimes life events get in the way of running...but you're strong and will be able to pick it up again in no time!!

    ReplyDelete