Thursday, September 22, 2011

OK So Now What?

I have stepped foot in my new gym once.  I have to say that the equipment is really intimidating.  Where's my white board with the workout written on it?  Where are Dave and Lisa telling me exactly what to do and correcting my form when I do it wrong?  Where are my workout buddies?  Oh yeah...all of that is back at Live Long Fitness. 

So now I need to figure out what to do in my new gym with no trainers and no workout buddies.  Maybe trainers and workout buddies will come later, but for now I'm setting out on this gym adventure alone.  Here's what I'm working with:

Is it me or do all these machines look EXACTLY alike? 

I am meeting with one of their personal trainers on Monday who will show me how to use the equipment and explain to me something they call the Basic 8.  I think it's 8 different exercises on the machines, but I don't know for sure.  But in the meantime, I don't want to waste my "free" week.  Any suggestions on what I can be doing on these weird looking contraptions?

I got a Facebook message from an old college friend who said he was running the Seaside 10 in Oct.  That made me sad.  I wish I was running the Seaside 10 in Oct.  But that's a month away and I have not run at all in the last month.  I would be starting from square one and needing to ramp up my endurance pretty quickly.  I'm not sure I can do it...although there is a part of me that really wants to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment