Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This May Work Out After All

I had an appointment with the trainer yesterday.  I thought I was getting measurements taken, being shown how to use the equipment and told about the Super 8 or something like that.  (I guess it's 8 exercises that make up a good well rounded workout.)  Anyway, I guess the trainer didn't get the message because she basically gave me a tour of the gym...which I've already had.

She showed me the machines and that they each have little pictures on them showing you what muscle groups are targeted with each machine.  She showed me the seat setting for each machine based on my height.  I told her that I hadn't used machines in like 15 or 20 years so I was very intimidated.  She smiled politely.  I told her that I had been doing a "crossfit type" workout and she looked impressed.  Maybe we were getting somewhere!

I asked about the bootcamps that she runs.  BINGO!  She told me that they are 2 nights a week (unfortunately the worst 2 nights for my schedule) and described the workouts.  It's EXACTLY what I am looking for!  She brings in her kettle bells, they go outside and do wallballs and sprints in the parking lot.  YES!  One of the guys in the group is training for the marines!  Perfect!  Unfortunately they are right in the middle of a session right now and Ryann has practice every Tuesday night at the same time as the bootcamp.  Oh well.  I told the trainer that I would love to join but would probably have to wait until the next session starts.  The down side is that it's an extra charge.  The up-side is that it's perfect for me.  I think I need to find that money...

On another note, running is not going well.  I'm probably not going to be able to be ready for a 10 mile run at the end of Oct.  I will focus on the 5K's that I have coming up and worry about training for longer runs after the holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment