Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ouch!

Warning: this post contains graphic details of a painful nature.

Saturday we ran 11 miles.  It was a really fun run.  We stuck with the group for the 6 miles through the neighborhoods then Heather, Glenda and I set out on our own.  We typically run faster than the rest of the group so we did the 2nd half of the run at our normal pace.  It felt good.

EXCEPT for the chafing.  I buy my sports bras at Target.  The cheaper the better.  I'm re-thinking that strategy.  I completely slather any part of my body that touches fabric with Body Glide.  That stuff is miraculous.  However, when I wear the cheapest of the cheap sports bras, I still get chafing nunder my boobs.  By mile 5, I had to hold my bra away from my skin because the chafing hurt so badly.  At the end of the run, I had to walk the last 1/4 mile so that I didn't cry.  I really was in that much pain from my damn bra.

This happened a few weeks ago too...I thought I had just missed a spot with the Body Glide.  This proved to me that I didn't miss a spot.  It had to be the cheap bra.  I had to breathe through my teeth as I drove home.  My chafing hurt so badly that every bump I hit was so painful.

I got home and showered.  OWWWWWWWWIE!  When the water hit the chafing area, I got dizzy from the pain.  It's hard to believe how physically debilitating a little chafing can be.  If I'm going to survive the training for this half marathon, I think I need to invest in a good quality sports bra that doesn't give me this kind of chafing.  It's now 3 days later and I'm still slathering up with Neosporin and wincing every time I hit a bump in the car.

Running is an inexpensive sport.  The only "equipment" we need to buy is our shoes and our clothes.  Based on the number of races I've run, I have a lot of tech shirts that I can use for running.  I really like this one kind of running shorts so I just buy a ton of them in black so they match with anything.  I buy really good shoes.  It's time to get out the debit card and pay for good quality support.  I think my poor tatas deserve that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment