Sunday, August 12, 2012

Solo Run Success

It has always been a struggle for me to get a run in when I'm on my own.  So this Saturday my training plan had me scheduled to run 8-10 miles.  I was again in Betterton so I had to run on my own.  Last weekend I ran 8 miles so I decided to just add in a little more mileage but keep the same general route.  This was my view before taking off on my run.
I felt good on the way out to Still Pond but I kept having struggles with my pace.  I have been frustrated that if I want to finish the half in under 2 hours, I really need to pick up my pace on long runs.  My track work has been good, but my long runs are too slow. 

On the way back I kept thinking about that 2 hour goal.  Is it realistic?  Am I really the kind of runner that can hit that?  Right now the answer is no.  But I will work hard until the answer is yes.

The reality is that I ran 9.2 miles on my own.  I finished it and I felt good.  That deserves a celebration...whether the pace is at a breaking 2 hour pace or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment