Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Step Down Weeks

So this week is a step down week. I've never followed a plan that has a step down week so this is a new concept for me.  Our track workout last week included over 5 miles of speed work.  This week we did only 2 miles.  Last weekend we ran 8-10 miles for our long run and this coming weekend we are running 5-7. 

I am really enjoying the "break".  I need to hit this next phase of the training plan with full force.  I want to be well prepared for the Baltimore Half.

The other big thing for me this week is that I am picking up a bike on Friday!  I have to do some training rides to see how I am as a cyclist.  Triathlon here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa - 5 miles of speedwork! That sounds brutal. Sounds like you're definitely going to be ready for Baltimore. Keep up the good work, and keep posting. Love reading your progress reports. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Deb! Love the support.

    ReplyDelete