Thursday, October 4, 2012

Keep Calm and Tri On

Last night we had a 2 mile time trial at track practice.  Heather and I ran together and I knocked 2 minutes off my time from the previous time trial!  YAY!

The other great thing that happened last night was that Andi gave me a necklace!

This necklace is perfect for me because I really do just need to keep calm.  I went to the bike store and bought myself a pair of tri-shorts.  I got into the car and had a mini-freak out.  I just feel very unprepared for this triathlon.

So after talking with Andi I feel a lot more calm.  I am approaching this as a fun adventure.  No matter what I do, even if I'm in very last place, it will be my best time ever since it's my first one ever! 

It is so nice to be involved in such a supportive group.  I have gone to several of the group members asking for advice and tips.  Everyone has been so nice about letting me borrow things (thanks Abby, Biker Colleen and Running Buddy Colleen), giving me tips from their experiences (thanks Abby and Andi) and giving me gifts (thanks Andi).  When I'm getting tired, I will just remember the message on my necklace....Keep Calm and Tri On!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to do great! You will not be the last to cross the finish line! Have faith in yourself - I believe you do, otherwise you would have not started this training or signed up for this race. I think you are awesome for making a decision to do this and look how far you've come. I've been reading your posts and it sounds to me like you are going to rock this! It's all about having fun and doing what make YOU happy. Do you think for one second that someone is going to point at you and say, "Wow, look how slow she is?" The answer is NOOOOOO! Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete