Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Splits

Several people have asked to see my splits for the triathlon.  I don't mind sharing, so here they are:

Overall time 1:54:51.31, 285th place
19:06 swim, 2:10 pace, 307th place for the swim
3:38 transition (SLOW!), 309th place for the transition
58:24 bike, 15.6 pace, 297th place for the bike
1:18 2nd transition, 166th place for the transition
32:25 run, 10:27 pace, 230th place for the run

I see several areas for improvement. With training, I can definitely significantly reduce the swim time. I didn't train AT ALL...unless you consider 2 swims to be training. With some practice and hopefully not getting stuck in the wetsuit, my first transition time can be cut down by at least a minute. I'm pleased with the bike, although again that's an area where I didn't train. I feel like with training, I can average closer to 17-18 mph...maybe. I can definitely cut that down a little bit. The 2nd transition was good, but with practice, I can improve there too. Although if I ever do the clip on shoes for the bike, that will add time back into it. The run was a very slow time for me in a 5K. I purposely didn't really push myself here, so there is a lot of room for improvement.  Even with the rubber band legs, I can run under a 30 minute 5K pretty easily. I am already trying to figure out how to get triathlon training fit into my already busy schedule...but based on how much fun I had, I'm definitely going to Tri again!

So the triathlon is behind me and the half marathon is looming in a few days! I'm excited about that. I know that I won't break my goal of 2 hours, but I am anxious to see how I conquer the mental demons that always haunt me around mile 8 or 9. Track practice is tomorrow night and Meghan's email said we would "chat about the race". I can't wait to hear what everyone's chatter is!

No comments:

Post a Comment