Monday, October 1, 2012

Motivational Monday

Today was a struggle from start to finish.  I had so much to get done and very little motivation.  So I decided to turn around my attitude.  I have found these motivational quotes that I wanted to share.  I don't have much to say today so I thought I would let others do the talking for me.  These quotes have helped to make me feel better today.  Hopefully at least one will strike a chord with you.

"Believe that you can run farther or faster. Believe that you're young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do. Don't let worn-out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself."
-John Bingham, running speaker and writer

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham

"Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're probably right."
-Henry Ford
"Every day is a good day when you run."
-Kevin Nelson

"Anybody can be a runner. We were meant to move. We were meant to run. It's the easiest sport."
--Bill Rodgers

"If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it."
-Priscilla Welch

"The advice I have for beginners is the same philosophy that I have for runners of all levels of experience and ability -- consistency, a sane approach, moderation and making your running an enjoyable, rather than dreaded, part of your life."
-Bill Rodgers

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
--John Bingham

"I often hear someone say I'm not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner."
-Bart Yasso

"Running is not, as it so often seems, only about what you did in your last race or about how many miles you ran last week. It is, in a much more important way, about community, about appreciating all the miles run by other runners, too."
--Richard O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment