Monday, November 12, 2012

How Travel Has Become My Latest Excuse

I am in Las Vegas for a work convention.  I came in late on Friday night and will not leave until Tuesday evening.  So this is a long trip. I was really hoping to get some good runs in while I was here.  Unfortunately I find myself making a lot of excuses about why I can't run while I'm here.

The biggest excuse is my absolute loathing of treadmills.  I am a little concerned about running outside because I don't want to get lost.  But it's COLD here and I did not pack to run in cold weather.  It's currently 37 degrees here in Vegas.  Brrr.  So outside running is out.  But there's no good reason for me not to go to the fitness center and run on the treadmill...except that it's a treadmill.  Ugh.  Have I mentioned that I hate the treadmill?

As I sit here typing this entry, I really should be putting on my running shoes and getting on the elevator to go run.  If I don't go soon, it will get too close to the convention start for me to get any distance in.  Ugh...so this post is short.  I'm going to force myself to go to the fitness center.

I am really looking forward to the winter training session to start in December.  I am much better at my training when there's accountability and when I make appointments on the calendar to meet the group for runs.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you found your treddie run mojo! I'm sure you were very happy when it was done. I'm like you and am not a big fan. If I'm stuck inside, I'll go for the elliptical and/or recently the stepper (evil). Ocean City boardwalk is my favorite and am happy to say the weather was very cooperative this weekend and I got out TWICE! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete