Monday, November 26, 2012

The Week in Review

I've done some really boneheaded things before...however starting my 90 Days of Me the week of Thanksgiving has to rank up there pretty high.  I was pretty much set up for failure from the start.

I tried to be good...I really did.  I filled my plate with vegetables and ate turkey without the gravy.  I was doing so well until the pies came out.  I had a piece of pie...but no ice cream.  Again, trying to be good.

The next day I had pie.

The day after that...more pie.

The day after that...yep, more pie.

Clara (my trainer) asked me tonight how I did on Thanksgiving.  I neglected to tell her about the subsequent days of pie.  And when eating the leftovers, I wasn't exactly as disciplined as I was on Thanksgiving Day.  Sorry for the omission Clara, but you were already killing me on the workout and I didn't want to be punished more!!!

I did get some good sleep and pampered myself and Ryann with mani/pedi's.

Clara took my "before" measurements.  They are not pretty.  But I am working on changing that.  I went to the grocery store and bought a ton of groceries that will help with my healthy eating.

Meghan sent out an email today about the running group.  I'm so excited to get that started again.  They are meeting on Dec. 8th and I'm so excited.  I miss my running friends and I definitely need to get back to running.  I have also asked Andi about a triathlon training group. 

I'm so excited about the changes I'm making.  I know that as I make my body healthier, through eating better and exercise, my performance in running and triathlons will improve drastically.  That's my focus on this "off season".

No comments:

Post a Comment