Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Progress Report

I think I might have overdone the "hard workouts" part of 90 Days of Me.  I'm SO sore all over.  But that's good! Thank you Clara for a great workout.  I promise you I will continue to do my work even when I'm not with you.  She had been taking it easy on me because of the half marathon, but she has definitely stopped taking it easy on me!  That's good because it's what I need, but my body is protesting every step I take right now! As Grace says, "OUCHIE!!!"

Yesterday was my designated rest day.  Today I will be doing a workout and tomorrow morning I'll be running my own personal Turkey Trot...since I can't make any of the races fit with my schedule.

Food continues to be my challenge. While I understand that healthy eating is really the best thing for my body, I continue to be tempted by sweets.  This is a very unusual situation for me because I am not normally a sweets kind of person.  I'm not sure why all the sudden I am craving donuts, pie, ice cream and cookies.  Hmmm.  Maybe it's just my tastes changing as I get older??  I don't know.  But the clean eating part of 90 Days of Me is still proving to be the hardest part.  Although my brother and sister-in-law just gave me 2 Paleo cookbooks for my birthday.  I have earmarked several recipes that look really good, and actually look like something the kids would eat too!

I have decided that I'm going to make an appointment for a mani/pedi on Friday.  It's been a long time since I've had one and I don't often splurge on things like that.  Maybe I'll take Ryann and it can be some mother/daughter time too. 

So I'm a few days into 90 Days of Me.  I am feeling sore and very challenged...but I know this is going to be so worth it.  I've taken some "before" pictures which are hideous and embarrassing.  Clara is going to help me take my "before" measurements on Monday even though it will be a week into my 90 Days.  I can't wait to see the "after" pictures and measurements! 

No comments:

Post a Comment