Wednesday, April 27, 2011

3 Days to Go!

So it's the Wednesday before the Half Marathon and I'm being a total spaz.  One minute I'm freaking out about being sore from the squats we did on Monday, the next minute I'm worried about how tired I am, the next minute I'm thinking I should have done more speed work...ugh.  I hate the week before a big race!  It's the worst.

I have acknowledged that I'm not in a physical or mental place where breaking 2 hours is a reality.  That makes me a little bit sad but I would rather go into this race with a realistic mindset instead of being disappointed on the finish line.  This race is going to be FUN!  I am running with so many friends, I am volunteering to help with registration so I am actually a part of putting on this race and I'm going to enjoy a 13.1 mile run.  Whatever happens on the clock is just a small part of the experience.

This race is also a 1 year anniversary of my first half marathon!  So that's a BIG deal!!!  I am so goal oriented that I want every race to be a progression from my last race.  I want to set a new personal best every time I'm out there.  That's just not reality.  I am going to focus on just being in the moment.  I'm going to finish the race with a smile on my face and celebrate the fact that I'm able to run 13.1 miles!!!  There are so many people who can't...there are so many people who won't...I am one of the few who can and will!  So clock be damned.  I'm in this for the joy of running.  And if I happen to set a new personal best, well that's just icing on the cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment