Friday, April 15, 2011

What Does SB Stand For?

Here was today's workout:

100M SB Waiter Walk
20 SB Squats
200M Run
10 SB Burpees
6 Rounds for Time

So what does SB stand for?  The real answer is sand bags.  Not this kind of sand bag:

this kind:
So a waiter walk is holding a 30 lb sand bag or (in my case thanks to Colleen a 35 lb bag) overhead for 100 meters.  Honestly I don't know many waiters who carry their trays overhead with both arms locked, but if that's what you want to call it, fine.  My shoulder has been hurting for the past 2 days thanks to Sandra's beat down on Monday so I had to modify the workout.  I got to hold the sandbag like a baby for the waiter walk and I did up/downs instead of burpees...BUT again thanks to Colleen...I had a heavier bag.  Before we started the workout she suggested that since I got to modify the workout that I had to have a heavier bag.  Lisa agreed and said she was actually going to make me carry a heavier bag anyway, but I fully blame Colleen!  (Colleen - you know I love ya but watch out for paybacks!)

6 rounds of this torture is a lot!  I can't tell you how fast we went because at the end of it I really didn't care.  The whole workout I kept coming up with different things that SB could stand for.  Here are some of the ideas:
Suck Bag
Sucks Big-time
Son of a B*tch
Sh*tty Bag

I'll stop there since it just continued to get progressively worse as the workout continued.

I'm looking forward to a good weekend hopefully.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to fit in a quick run at some point, although that might be a challenge considering my schedule.  Then Sunday I'm meeting some of the running group in OC for a 10 miler.  This will be our last double digit run before the half!  We are 2 weeks away!!!  Holy crap...really?

No comments:

Post a Comment