Thursday, April 7, 2011

Windy Wednesday

The running group met at the inlet only to decide that the wind was way too ferocious for us to run on the Boardwalk.  So we all hopped in our cars and drove up to The Grand Hotel and ran in their parking garage.  On the south end of the garage we still got hit with a wall of wind, but otherwise we were pretty well protected.

The training plan called for 6 400's.  Since our Garmins don't work in the parking garage, we decided to do our own version of the speed work and it actually seemed to work out well.  Colleen, Ryann and I ran hard up 2 levels, jogged 1 level, then ran hard up the remaining 2 levels, then jogged back down to the bottom.  We did 3 rounds of that in addition to a warm up and cool down jog up and down the garage.  We estimated that we ran about 3.5 miles. 

23 days until the OC Half Marathon!  The countdown is on.  I still don't feel as prepared as I was for Baltimore, but my last few long runs have really given me some confidence.  Colleen and I are running 12 miles on Sunday which will be a great indication of how well I can last for that distance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment