Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Struggles

Friday's workout was a really good one.  Sandra really pushed me...I couldn't let her beat me too badly!  So that kept me motivated to work really hard.

Saturday I met the run group at 7:30 am at the bagel shop in Ocean Pines.  It was a rainy morning.  There was never a pouring rain, although several times during the run there was a steady rain.  From the first step it was a struggle.  Barry was convinced that I could run an 8:45 pace and he was going to make sure I did it...although the first half mile was at a 7:45.  No way in the world I could have held that pace so we slowed down.  I don't know if it was the too fast start, the rain, the bottle of wine I had the night before or just pre-race jitters that caused me to struggle but it was a tough run.  Barry stayed with me for most of the run but he added some fartlek sprints in so that he could get a decent workout.  My pace faltered and I ended up somewhere between 9:30 and 10 for most of the way.  At some points, I was struggling to keep a 10:30.  Ugh...tough run.

Sunday was a beautiful day but very hot.  I made the decision not to run for several reasons.  Mostly I was still sore from Friday, but also because I was a little worried that I would struggle again.  I need to get my head in the right place considering I'm 5 days away from the half!  I need to get the confidence I had going into Baltimore...where is it???

No comments:

Post a Comment