Sunday, September 16, 2012

An Off Week

So anyone who is a regular reader of this blog is probably pretty frustrated with me that I haven't posted anything new all week. I am sorry.  It has been a challenging week for me with a ton of stuff going on both personally and professionally.  When that happens, I struggle to find time to run.  And when I'm not running, I'm not writing.

I went to track practice on Wednesday and had to stop halfway through the workout because I was feeling sick to my stomach.  I thought sitting down and resting for a bit would make the feeling pass, but that didn't help.  So I had to leave. 

Leaving practice early made me stress out.  I am in the prime weeks of training.  I need to be hitting every run with everything I have.  I can't afford to be missing running days or cutting track workouts short.

Then the realist in me came out...I did not derail my entire training.  I realized that while putting in the time to train is very important, it's not going to make or break it if I miss a workout or two.  I know that I can finish 13.1 miles.  And Baltimore is a challenging course, so there is no pressure for me to do a personal best time.

Sometimes I need to remind myself that it doesn't need to be so complicated.  Running is supposed to be fun...it's supposed to be my escape from the pressures of the "real world".  So I allow myself a one week "freak out".  Now it's back to running for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment